Full Stack Software Developer
We are an established start-up, making cyber security accessible to all through our affordable security operations that protect businesses 24×7, 365 days a year. Based in Cheltenham, we are a well funded young company with a healthy customer base.
We are looking for developers with at least 2 years of experience solving customers problems and delivering great software, to form a brand new software team. You will be working on the design and development of our data processing and analytics tools, used by the Security Operations Centre team to detect and respond to cyber-threats against our clients.
We take an agile approach, delivering useful software rapidly and building products incrementally, learning and improving as we go. We have an open and colloborative working environment, and value everyone’s views. Pulling together and team spirit is more important to us than individual heroes.
You will be responsible for:
- Taking user requirements and designing and implementing new features
- Writing clear, concise and tested code – applying OO principles and software design patterns.
- Collaborating with other developers and peer reviewing their code
- Communicating clearly (both in writing and verbally to the team)
- Debugging and fixing things when they break
- Sprint planning and estimation
- Keeping up to date with the industry & technologies
- Helping to shape the culture of the software team as it grows
Our tech stack is as follows, but we’re more interested in your attitude, problem solving abilities and general engineering skills. Experience in any of the following would be beneficial (we’ll provide training for anything you’re missing)
- Apache Kafka/ Spark
- Elastic Search
This role will be based in our Cheltenham office, close to the Bath Road with plenty of coffee shops and restaurants on our doorstep, and a short walk from town centre.
- Based in the Cheltenham area
- Overnight and international travel may be necessary
What you will receive
- Competitive salary
- Flexible working pattern and option for remote working
- We’ll invest in your personal development – you’ll attend conferences and training courses, and we’ll provide books and e-Learning.
- Team building events throughout the year and regular team socials
- 25 days annual leave, and your birthday off as well
- 2 further days off per year to take part in charity work
Invinsec is an equal opportunity employer and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any kind. Invinsec is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Invinsec are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to gender, race, colour, disability, religion or belief, family or parental status, sexual orientation, age or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Invinsec will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics.