Last year in the UK, 4 out of 10 small businesses were victims of a security breach, interrupting their work and causing them operational, reputational and financial damage.
At Invinsec, we think cyber security shouldn’t just be a luxury for large corporations, it should be accessible to all. If you agree, and want to make use of your DevOps expertise to help us in our mission to provide a world class security monitoring service, then this is the role for you.
You’ll join our growing software team, working on the security monitoring and analytics tools used by our Security Operations Centre to detect and respond to cyber-threats. We take an agile approach, delivering useful software rapidly and building products incrementally, learning and improving as we go. We have an open and collaborative working environment, and value everyone’s views. Pulling together and team spirit is more important to us than individual heroes.
You will be responsible for:
- Identifying and developing processes, tools, automation, and software changes to address top operational issues.
- Deploying new products and services you’ve helped to build in a way that is robust, resilient and repeatable
- Troubleshooting, diagnosing and fixing production software issues (Java, C#, Go, Python)
- Building utilities and tools that enable you and your fellow engineers to operate at high speed and wide scale
- Working in close collaboration with our software development and service delivery leads to shape the future roadmap and establish strong operational readiness across teams
- Recognising, adopting and instilling best practice across everything we do
- Fulfilling regular on-call responsibilities
You will need:
- To be true team player, with the ability and desire to engage with customers and colleagues to deliver the very highest standards of service and support
- Great troubleshooting skills, the ability to research problems and the ability to effectively communicate during stressful times
- To be comfortable talking to customers and colleagues on both a technical and non-technical level
- Working knowledge of Unix, Linux and Windows operating systems
- Working knowledge of at least one scripting language, such as Bash, Python or Ruby
- Experience implementing automation tools and frameworks as part of CI/CD pipelines
- A passion to learn and thrive in a dynamic and constantly changing environment
What may help but is not essential:
- Experience working in a Continous Delivery or DevOps environment
- Experience with IaC configuration management tools such as Ansible, Chef or Puppet
- Experience using IaC orchestration tools such as Terraform, AWS CloudFormation or Azure Resource Manager
- Working knowledge of the Elastic Stack (Beats, Logstash, Elasticsearch and Kibana)
- An interest in Cyber Security!
This role will be based in our Cheltenham office in Eagle Tower, with plenty of coffee shops and restaurants on our doorstep, and a short walk from the town centre.
We’re looking for somebody with at least 3 years’ experience in this or a similar role, but if you’re looking for a challenge where you can make a real impact in the world, click apply.
Application or soliciting by agencies will not be considered.
Job location: Eagle Tower, Cheltenham, GL50 1TA