We are a British Company taking on and beating the most established names in cyber security. We’re changing the market by providing businesses with the option of affordable cyber security service that’s always on and powered by our internally developed Security Information and Event Management (SIEM) platform and a team of IT security experts.
We are seeking motivated and passionate people to grow the team and provide brilliant service and trusted expertise to our customers.
You will be part of a successful and growing company with a great culture, and this role would suit current Analysts ready to step up into a more senior role, or seeking a route into leadership, or those fulfilling a similar role elsewhere.
The role is based either Cheltenham or Birmingham (centre). You may be needed to travel occasionally. The role does require shift working as part of a 24/7 pattern.
You will be responsible for:
- Responsible for managing and mentoring a team of SOC Analysts who will be responsible for monitoring and responding to cyber-threats against our clients.
- Establishing and delivering key performance indicators, determining any gaps in performance and implementing change to improve effectiveness and quality.
- Monitoring and responding to cyber security threats against our clients, interacting directly with customers to advise and act as their security partners to resolve identified security risk.
- Investigating alerts and seeking out potential security issues through troubleshooting, log analysis and the use of Invinsec’s SIEM.
- Supporting the training and development plans of SOC Analysts
- Support the SOC Manager in the selection of new employees, establishing performance priorities and goals and carrying out and documenting performance evaluations
- Helping to make our team even more successful by regularly contributing to the SOC knowledgeable with findings from investigations of different attacker tools, tactics, and procedures which can be applied to future investigations
- Helping to improve customers’ security posture against external attackers and threats through fine-tuning and rule creation
- Creating regular meaningful reports for customers, threat intelligence briefings and white papers
- Working with our development team to develop customer dashboards and make recommendations to improve the SOC’s monitoring capability
What you will need:
- A demonstrable working knowledge of Cyber Security Operations, common enterprise security controls and exposure to attack and penetration methods and tools
- Relevant experience working within a Cyber Security role
- At least one recognised industry certification (SSCP, Security+, CySA, GIAC, CEH, CISM, CISSP etc.)
- You will be working as part of a 24/7 SOC across different locations and therefore you must be a true team player, with the ability and desire to engage with customers and colleagues in order to deliver the very highest standards of service and support
- Great troubleshooting skills, the ability to research problems and the ability to effectively communicate during stressful times, while keeping a cool, calm and friendly approach when dealing with customers and colleagues
- Solid time management skills and be dependable
- Comfortable talking to customer and colleagues on both a technical and non-technical level
- Great verbal written and communication skills, and the ability to write reports in a structured methodology
What may help but is not essential:
- Previous leadership experience
- Experience in working with industry standards such as ISO27001
- Working knowledge of Unix, Linux, and Windows operating systems is advantageous
- Working knowledge of networking is advantageous, along with relevant industry certifications (Network+, CCNA, etc)
- Build scripts, tools, or methodologies to enhance our incident investigation processes
- Understanding of the components that comprise a successful information security program
Invinsec has a legal responsibility to ensure that all its employees have a legal right to live and work in the UK. Therefore, if you are made an offer of employment, this will be subject to Invinsec verifying that you are eligible to work in the UK before you start work.
Appointments will also be subject to proportionate background security checks.
Application or soliciting by agencies will not be considered.
Job location: Eagle Tower, Cheltenham, GL50 1TA