Last year in the UK, 4 out of 10 small businesses were victims of a security breach, interrupting their work through loss of data, hijacking of their website or theft of their intellectual property.
At Invinsec, we think cyber security shouldn’t just be a luxury for large corporations, it should be accessible to all. If you agree, and want to make use of your software development expertise to help us in our mission to provide a world class, real time, 24x7x365 security monitoring service that is affordable to all, then this is the role for you.
We are seeking motivated and passionate people to grow the team and provide brilliant service and trusted expertise to our customers.
You will be part of a successful and growing company with a great culture, and this role would suit those with a great attitude and energy, and passion for Cyber Security, potentially seeking to break into this sector and establish a career in Cyber Security.
The role is based in Cheltenham. You may be needed to travel occasionally. The role does require shift working as part of a 24/7 pattern (although there are for more day shifts than night shifts). The work life balance of our team is really important to us, and our shift pattern is focussed on making sure we look after our people.
You will be:
- Monitoring and responding to cyber security threats against our clients, and will interact directly with customers to advise and act as their security partners to resolve identified security risks
- Investigating alerts and seeking out potential security issues through troubleshooting, log analysis, and use of Invinsec’s SIEM
- Helping to make our team even more successful by regularly contributing to the SOC Knowledge base with findings from investigations of different attacker tools, tactics, and procedures which can be applied to future investigations
- Helping to improve customers’ security posture against external attackers and threats through fine tuning and rule creation
- Creating regular meaningful reports for customers and contributing to threat intelligence briefings and white papers
- Working with our development team to develop customer dashboards and make recommendations to improve the SOC’s monitoring capability
What you will need:
- You will be working as part of a 24/7 SOC across different locations and therefore you must be a true team player, with the ability and desire to engage with customers and colleagues in order to deliver the very highest standards of service and support
- To be effective, you need to have great troubleshooting skills, the ability to research problems and the ability to effectively communicate during stressful times, while keeping a cool, calm and friendly approach when dealing with customers and colleagues
- Solid time management skills and be dependable
- To be comfortable talking to customers and colleagues on both a technical and non-technical level
- Great verbal and written communication skills, and the ability to write reports in a structured methodology
- BSc in a computing field or equivalent experience working within an IT function
What may help but is not essential:
- Any relevant security certifications (SSCP, Security+, CySA, etc.)
- Any experience using Kibana
- Working knowledge of Unix, Linux and Windows operating systems
- Working knowledge of networking is advantageous, along with relevant industry certifications (Network+, CCNA, etc.)
- Being able to identify common attack techniques within the context of specific technologies
- Build scripts, tools, or methodologies to enhance our incident investigation processes
- Exposure to attack and penetration methods and tools
Invinsec has a legal responsibility to ensure that all its employees have a legal right to live and work in the UK. Therefore, if you are made an offer of employment, this will be subject to Invinsec verifying that you are eligible to work in the UK before you start work.
Application or soliciting by agencies will not be considered.
Appointments will also be subject to proportionate background security checks.
Job location: Eagle Tower, Cheltenham, GL50 1TA